Re: Can't create users and groups

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 12:05 +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> pvrabec@xxxxxxxxxx (Peter Vrabec) writes:
>
> > shouldn't we describe how we create users in
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines
> >
> > it would also make clear that maintainers shouldn't use fedora-usermgmt.
>
> Why? There are no known technical flaws with fedora-usermgmt; just a lot
> of endless FUD.

The blocker is not "technical flaws". fedora-usermgmt could be
"technically flawless" for all I care. The problem is, its a giant ball
of crap, that adds a bunch of additional packages dependencies to the
system and adds a bunch of obfuscated variable nonsense to our spec
files, and it doesn't actually fix the problem.

It fails miserably at KISS.

Can you wrap your brain around that, please?

Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing more to remove. Remove fedora-usermgmt. Kill it dead.
Now.