Re: RFC: Close this list now?

Patrice Dumas schrieb:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 05:22:17PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> fedora-maintainers is a closed list with only "subscribe-to-moderations"
>> where only contributors can participate in the discussions (e.g. post
>> from outsiders get rejected afaik). Sometimes that what we want, but we
>> IMHO normally should act in the open (fedora-extas-list is also open).
> Maybe in theory, but I have rarely seen a post from an outsider

It might be rare, but it is quite important to get newcomers abort
afaics (and we hd quite some new contributors that showed up on this
list before they became a contributors). So discussing everything on a
closed list is IMHO just bad bad bad and sends a signal out there "we
are a closed circle and not interested in new contributors". I'd like to
avoid that.

> [...] (and there has
> already been some traffic moving to the packaging list).

Agreed -- the packaging list is probably the right place for packaging
related questions.

Cu
thl