Re: RFC: Close this list now?

Patrice Dumas schrieb:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 06:01:06PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>> On Thursday 01 March 2007, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> Comments?
>> I was subscribed to fedora-devel a long time ago but didn't find the S/N ratio
>> appealing,

I suppose it didn't become any better... But:

> whereas on this list it has been tolerable.

Yeah, but is seems some people these days already say to themselves
"Extras and Core merge, so I post to fedora-devel about it".

So to catch all the interesting stuff you need to subscribe to
fedora-devel anyway already.

> I agree, but the equivalent list seems to me to be the maintainer
> list. Or am I mistaken?

fedora-maintainers is a closed list with only "subscribe-to-moderations"
where only contributors can participate in the discussions (e.g. post
from outsiders get rejected afaik). Sometimes that what we want, but we
IMHO normally should act in the open (fedora-extas-list is also open).

CU
thl