Re: New Comps Groups

Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 02:59:57PM +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
The only underlying objection I recall seeing is that adding all packages to comps presents too many choices to users, and that problem doesn't happen if hidden groups are used; did I miss some other reason?

I think there is also the time used in editing comps file. Maybe this also
could be alleviated by generating some parts of the comps file automatically
(for perl, python modules, and -devel packages, for example).

The editing of the comps file is a one-time thing though (first import time) really, that goes along with the editing of owners.list, importing the SRPM into cvs etc. Not a big deal once the backlog of existing packages was cleared I'd have thought.

Paul.