Re: Fedora Extras packaging beta software into production repos, why?

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 10:23:23AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> For development/, please.  Development/ exists for people to test the packages
> that are candidates for the next release.  Having test repo for a test repo
> seems silly to me.  Your chance to validate the package for the next release
> _is_ rawhide.

But at some point rawhide (or the equivalent FE devel repo) becomes a
release independent of whether the package being validated in there is
ready for production or not. There is no way to say "Hey my package
isn't ready for FC6, yet, I thought I was safe in the development
repo".
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net