Re: Correcting directory ownership of /usr/share/omf in Fedora

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le Lun 11 septembre 2006 10:53, Hans de Goede a écrit :

to add a note to this that when you put files in the
/usr/share/icons/hicolor hierarchy your package must have a "Requires:
hicolor-icon-theme", but I couldn't because I don't have edit rights on
that page, can someone who does have the nescesarry rights add a note
about this there?

The f.d.o icon theme spec says :

' In order to have a place for third party applications to install their
icons there should always exist a theme called "hicolor" [1]. The data for
the hicolor theme is available for download at:
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/icon-theme/. Implementations are
required to look in the "hicolor" theme if an icon was not found in the
current theme. '

So I'd expect hicolor dirs to be created by default without every other
odd package requiring them

Well currently they aren't so either the contents of the hicolor-icon-theme package should be moved to the filesystem package, which it won't since its sortof bogus to have these dirs on a cmdline only server / firewall. Or applications using these dirs must have a "Requires: hicolor-icon-theme", which really isn't a problem as they need special scriptlets to handle icons properly already.

Regards,

Hans