Re: SPF failures nuke fedora-extras* msgs from redhat.com

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Paul Wouters wrote:

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Warren Togami wrote:

stock spamassassin does SPF only if you install the optional
perl-Mail-SPF-Query from Fedora Extras.

Correct. Which I have done.

http://david.woodhou.se/why-not-spf.html

Let's not discuss the usefulness of SPF here....

Yes I know, do not confuse the issue with facts!!

There is a good reason why we don't enable SPF by default in Fedora.  It is
not particularly useful at protecting you against spam.

If that is redhat's opinion, they should stop publishing spf records. If it is

There are some good reasons to publish SPF records even if you do not believe in it.
I publish SPF records for some of my domains because certain large email providers
require it of you wanr/need to pass large amounts of mail through their systems.
They do not even reject mail based soley on SPF records. It is used as a method for
scoring.

Regards,

--
Tom Diehl		tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx		Spamtrap address mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx