Re: Anjuta : RFC

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:55:00 +0100, Paul wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > 4a. 1.2.4a is moved to legacy and the 1.x branch removed from FE CVS
> >
> > What do you mean with "branch removed from FE CVS"?
>
> Currently, when I do a cvs co for anjuta, directories for RH-9 to
> FC-devel are checked out. What I propose is that for anjuta-2.x is that
> only rawhide, the current version and one version back exists, the rest
> are shifted to legacy (which I don't have any real interest in
> supporting). Apologies if I've used the wrong terminology.

There are several options:

1) Only check out individual branches:

  cvs co anjuta/devel anjuta/FC-5

2) Remove all files from the old unsupported branches with "cvs remove
-fR" and commit the empty directories. They could be resurrected (=
checked out) by anybody who is still interested in them.

If, however, you want a cvs admin to remove directories at the
server-level, this should be decided by FESCO first.

Whether and when old branches (like RHL-9) might be purged, should not be
decided by the individual packagers, since the corresponding requests in
the Wiki would require too much extra work by the cvs admins.