Re: rpms/poker-eval/FC-4 poker-eval.spec,1.8,1.9

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006, Christopher Stone wrote:

On 6/10/06, Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Calm down, everyone. Ralf is right. Using %makeinstall should be
discouraged actually, and, for instance, I was under the impression that
we agreed on that long ago.

No one is disagreeing with Ralf, we are only suggesting that this
information be added to the wiki page somewhere so new people coming
in can learn about these things.  I think it would be nice to have
some kind of documentation on the macros available to packagers
somewhere.  Are there any other macros that I should not be using?

How about replacing the %makeinstall macro definition with something useful instead? "There's this convenient macro but you shouldn't use it" seems silly to me.

	- Panu -