Re: scientific license - fedora compatible?

Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 11:18:00AM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
On 23/05/06, Patrice Dumas <pertusus@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>From my reading of the license currently under discussion, that is not
the restriction.

They basically say, you can redistribute modified versions as long as
you make available to the patches for the changes you make.

Yes, it seems you are right. I misread, but there is no explicit permission
to redistribute modified version (the wording is 'use, copy, modify, and enhance and distribute'). So I think I wrongly supposed, based on the following
that the redistribution of modified source wasn't possible, but after a more
carefull reading, it seems that it is not explicitely forbidden, as the following states that the copyright of changes must be transfered to upstream not anything else...

I haven't read the license, but your descriptions sound similar to the license for gnuplot, which is in core. You may want to look at its license. I think it says that modifications may only be distributed as patches.

-Quentin