national OSS-ed summit & barnstorming

I'm still mulling over the national summit idea.

> While having strong regional networks of open source supporters is
> vital, I think a few nationally barnstorming evangelists would make
> a big difference, too.

How does one become a "barnstorming evangelist"?  I'm already an
evangelist, but I know my barnstorming needs work...  Seriously, I'd
love to see something like this happening but I don't know how to
manufacture it.  [Inter]National speaker-types seem mostly to spring
up on their own, by writing and speaking well, getting invited to more
and more engagements, etc.

I've copied maddog since I'm guessing he's not on this list, so maybe
he can chime in with ideas about building such a team of evangelists.

Perhaps a yearly summit is just the sort of thing to form and
perpetuate such a phenomenon.

And for what it's worth, the goals of Software Freedom International
are perfectly aligned with this sort of public education (as we say)
about FOSS, so we'll be happy to do what we can.  I've been looking
for ways that SFD can be involved and I haven't identified any clear
ones yet, other than posting relevant news stories and links our our
website, etc.

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/

718 Fox Hollow Drive
Hudson, NH  03051  U.S.A.
+1 603.236.1054 (cell)

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]