Re: Repos, Branches, and themes confusing

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 5:24 AM Ryan Lerch <rlerch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/docs-fp-o default branch is master, that hasnt been updated for two years -- should we make the default branch prod? (also the stage branch's readme still refers to https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/fedora-docs-web)

I'd be in favor of that. The "master" branch only exists to tell
people not to use it which...doesn't seem all that helpful.

> 2. https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/fedora-docs-web still looks active, but it doesnt seem to be used anymore -- you don't need to push built results there, anymore right? Should this repo just be deleted, since it only ever housed built stuff anyway?

Looks like it can be removed. The last commit to the prod branch was
two years ago. Unless there's a trapdoor there that only Adam knows
about.

> 3. It took me ages to find where the static front pages were -- i finally found them at https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/pages/ but we really should update the docs docs with this information

+1

> 4. Finally, the antora UI bundle -- it seems the UI bundle is being pulled from a zip on asalalik's fedora people -- and then we are adding additional changes via supplemental-ui in the docs-fp-o repo. Is there any reason we cannot merge these changes back into https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/fedora-docs-ui start doing numbered releases of these bundles, and hosting the built zips on gitlab or pagure, and pulling from there rather than fedorapeople?

I'm not sure on that, but I'd like to see something like that. I don't
want us to be dependent on a single person's account because that's
bad for the group and also for the person who has to carry the burden.
If there's some technical reason we can't host the bundles on Pagure,
we should at least have a group on fedorapeople that it pulls from so
that we can have multiple access. But a version-controlled and tagged
bundle would be best. Adam is the person who can shed light on any
technical restrictions here.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His