Re: Personal Introduction

On Thu, Oct 01, 2020 at 09:17:26AM -0700, Caleb McKee wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Caleb McKee. I introduced myself on Telegram, but I assume it's
> a good idea to drop a message here as well.
Hi Caleb, I am also new. I figured I would say hi.

> I'm an English graduate who has had an interest in tech for a while. It
> started with my own computer build, then I began playing with HTML/CSS,
> JavaScript, and C#. I'm definitely not at developer level, but I know the
> fundamentals. I also spent quarantine getting CompTIA A+ certified as well.
Don't underestimate your tech skills, I'm sure many of us started
with building a computer and then learned other subjects from there(I
know I did).

> I want to help out, but I know I can't dedicate an immense amount of time
> right now. 2-5 hours a week is something that I might be able to manage.
> Petr from the Telegram group chat was kind enough to point out the
> quick-docks repository where I found some docs commented out with "//FIX
> ME". I read through the autoupdates page and thought I could start with
> that?
I only have about that much time aswell honestly. I plan on spending
most of my time doing QA work and maybe some light development
personally. That said, I hope to be able to write some documentation
especially for certain random things I know way too much about.

> To be honest, I'm very new to technical writing so I may ask for some
> guidance, especially when it comes to Fedora content. Anyone can also feel
> free to let me know if they have ideas for newbie contribution.
I've written some technical documents and honestly it's much like
regular writing. I guess I am used to it though from reading so many
manpages and such.

Feel free to reach out if you want to discuss newbie documentation stuff
or newbie fedoraproject work in general with a fellow newbie.

Thank you,
Ryan Kosta