Re: Self-Introduction: Noel Casimiro

Hi,

Thank you for welcoming me to the Fedora Docs team. I'll do my best to
contribute.

I would like to suggest that the docs.fedoraproject.org include a
search functionality. This would be very helpful for new users.

Cheers,
Noel
On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 3:34 AM Justin W. Flory <jflory7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 06/27/2018 09:09 PM, Noel Salvador Casimiro wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm Noel Casimiro from the Philippines. I currently work as a
> > librarian in a university. I've been a Linux user since 2009 but this
> > is my first time on intending to join an open source software project
> > since I'm confident that I already acquired the necessary skills to
> > contribute. My computer skill level is intermediate because I can
> > successfully install and configure a Linux and Windows OS. However, I
> > can only do basic web development/programming using HTML/CSS, PHP, and
> > MySQL but I plan to learn Javascript, Python, and R. The only thing
> > that I can immediately contribute significantly to the Fedora project
> > is user documentation especially about installation and configuration
> > in a desktop or laptop.
> >

> Hi Noel, welcome to the Fedora Docs mailing list!
>
> > Hopefully, I can edit and improve wiki entries in the future. If time
> > permits, I would also like to do documentation translations in
> > Filipino (Tagalog) to help increase the number of Fedora users in my
> > country (my time zone is GMT+8 Asia/Manila).
> >
> > I am looking forward to collaborating with the Docs group to improve
> > Fedora, Linux, and the entire open source ecosystem.
> >

> The documentation team is in the middle of a major effort to move things
> away from the Fedora Wiki (like the links you shared) and put them into
> our documentation page. The GPG page, for example, is now featured in
> our quick docs:
>
>     https://docs.fedoraproject.org/quick-docs/en-US/create-gpg-keys.html
>
> The source material for this lives on Pagure, a git repo where you could
> make pull requests to improve the content:
>

> https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs/blob/master/f/en-US/create-gpg-keys.adoc
>
> If you'd like to get involved, check out some of the quick docs pages
> and see if you can improve any of them. If you'd like to make
> improvements, you can open a pull request on Pagure with your improvements.
>
> If you need help with git or making a docs pull request, this mailing
> list is the best place to ask – we can try to guide you if you need help.
>
> Hope to see you around!
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Justin W. Flory
> jflory7@xxxxxxxxx

pub  rsa2048 2018-06-28 [SC] [expires: 2020-06-27]
       F62C 354A 5C65 916E 7BDE  2724 B914 7B4E B939 2E07
uid   [ultimate] Noel Casimiro <nsbcasimiro@xxxxxxxxx>
sub  rsa2048 2018-06-28 [E] [expires: 2020-06-27]