Re: Self-Introduction: Noel Casimiro

On 06/27/2018 09:09 PM, Noel Salvador Casimiro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Noel Casimiro from the Philippines. I currently work as a
> librarian in a university. I've been a Linux user since 2009 but this
> is my first time on intending to join an open source software project
> since I'm confident that I already acquired the necessary skills to
> contribute. My computer skill level is intermediate because I can
> successfully install and configure a Linux and Windows OS. However, I
> can only do basic web development/programming using HTML/CSS, PHP, and
> MySQL but I plan to learn Javascript, Python, and R. The only thing
> that I can immediately contribute significantly to the Fedora project
> is user documentation especially about installation and configuration
> in a desktop or laptop.

Hi Noel, welcome to the Fedora Docs mailing list!

> Hopefully, I can edit and improve wiki entries in the future. If time
> permits, I would also like to do documentation translations in
> Filipino (Tagalog) to help increase the number of Fedora users in my
> country (my time zone is GMT+8 Asia/Manila).
>
> I am looking forward to collaborating with the Docs group to improve
> Fedora, Linux, and the entire open source ecosystem.

The documentation team is in the middle of a major effort to move things
away from the Fedora Wiki (like the links you shared) and put them into
our documentation page. The GPG page, for example, is now featured in
our quick docs:

    https://docs.fedoraproject.org/quick-docs/en-US/create-gpg-keys.html

The source material for this lives on Pagure, a git repo where you could
make pull requests to improve the content:

https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs/blob/master/f/en-US/create-gpg-keys.adoc

If you'd like to get involved, check out some of the quick docs pages
and see if you can improve any of them. If you'd like to make
improvements, you can open a pull request on Pagure with your improvements.

If you need help with git or making a docs pull request, this mailing
list is the best place to ask – we can try to guide you if you need help.

Hope to see you around!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory