Re: release notes in unicornland

Le 31/05/2017 à 15:53, Matthew Miller a écrit :
With our theretical new docs system, is there a way we can do this? I'd
like something which would be really easy for packagers, and ideally be
integrated with (or replace?) the RPM changelog and the Bodhi update
text. Ideas?

Hi Matthew, I don't know how related this can be, but appdata files also have a changelog, which isn't connected to the RPM changelog and Bodhi update text. Here is the documentation: https://www.freedesktop.org/software/appstream/docs/chap-Metadata.html#tag-releases

This AppData changelog is integrated in gnome software.
To access the current (exhaustive) file for F26:
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/screenshots/f26/fedora-26.xml.gz

If my understanding of Fedora is correct, I assume we should have:
* RPM changelog: packaging changes and distribution related changes
* bodhi update text: RPM changelog+what is to test
* AppStream: what changed upstream (feature changes)

I assume it should be possible to create a timeline with updates using this XML file. But if timeline requires technical skills, the relevant data requires upstream involvement (as always).

--
Jean-Baptiste Holcroft