Docs plans [was Re: Sysadmin Guide - Conversion to asciidocs]

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 10:47:33PM +0800, Ryan wrote:
> I'm not sure what's going on at all in the fedora docs team atm. As
> there has been no communication in IRC, no meetings in recent times,
> and no activity until yesterday in pagure everything is looking pretty
> dead.

Hi Ryan. Yeah, things have really stalled and need to be restarted.
Thanks for jumping in.

I think we have basically three things going on. Not necessarily in
this order:

- What to do about tooling? I think the basic agreement is that we want
  some sort of git-based workflow (ideally including relatively
  lightweight online editing)

- What about information architecture? I think we want something
  primarily search-based, but on the other hand, that can be a
  frustrating experience for users. How do we plan to organize things
  and how do we present that organization in a useful way? How do we
  make sure users find up-to-date and relevant answers?

- What about existing documentation? I personally strongly believe that
  this shouldn't be a blocker. Let's move to something new and start
  building up from there.

- Can we tie in to existing things like ask.fedoraproject.org? (Maybe
  we can even _replace_ that?)

So, hey, everyone! :) What's the plan and what's the process for moving
forward?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>