Re: Proposal: Adopt an AsciiBinder Based ToolChain

On Wed, 2016-09-21 at 12:46 +0200, Brian Exelbierd wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2016, at 08:50 PM, Jean-Baptiste Holcroft wrote:
> >
> > Hi Brian,
> >
> > I do not understand, isn't Gnome community is going to move from
> > Mallard
> > to Pintail ?
> Pintail is a site builder.  Mallard is a markup language.
>
> I know that pintail is being considered by Gnome for use as a site
> builder.  I haven't seen the announcement about the adoption of
> it.  I
> don't believe it is feature complete yet.  I also don't track Gnome
> so
> if it was formally adopted as the path forward, I may have just not
> seen
> the announcement.

For GNOME's needs, it is feature complete for user docs. It just needs
ops work, which probably won't happen until the next docs hackfest,
because there's no paid staff. You won't see any formal announcements,
short of it just happening. GNOME just doesn't work that way.

--
Shaun