Re: Proposal: Adopt an AsciiBinder Based ToolChain

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016, at 07:36 PM, Jean-Baptiste Holcroft wrote:
> Le 21/09/2016 à 12:46, Brian Exelbierd a écrit :

> > One thing that I want to hear from the Translation Team is how they want
> > to handle untranslated and partially translated texts.
>
> My point of view is to do like we have for Website : periodic automatic
> publishing, even if incomplete (it's also what we do for most projects).
> I'll ask translators about this to have more than one voice.

If I can ask, please focus on what we want to get to in the future and
then we can figure out the steps to get there.

For example, the answer from translation might be:

We would like to have immediate access to updated strings so please push
new strings as soon as they are cleared for publication in English.  We
would like to not have to notify you of updates to translations and
instead request that you just republish every language on a weekly
schedule.  We realize that you will inevitably publish incomplete
translations.  We also realize that you will publish when it is best for
you and may not publish all documents in all languages at one time.

> Thank you for full answer, I now understand the move :)

I am glad to hear it.

regards,

bex