Slight confusion

Hello all!

I've been reading the guides for new contributors and I'm slightly
confused.  If I want to proof read a text, how do I know which one
should I pick?  Where are the texts to be read?
There's a list of tasks for new contributors but I can't understand
how does it works...
I'm sorry to annoy with these surely silly questions, but I don't know
what else to do.

Cheers and thanks,
Sylvia