Re: Fedora Publishing

On Thu, 2016-02-04 at 17:25 +0100, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Drive-by contributions are perfect for docs (and really they're the
> lifeblood all open source projects would love to have).  I contend we
> should optimize for that, because all other contributors' lives get
> easier as a result -- riding the wave.

I do not want to jump in on other parts of the conversation, but this
item struck a chord with me.

I was very involved in the Ubuntu Wiki Documentation efforts and looked
to get involved here. Due to the apparent upheaval in that area I have
stayed away - out of confusion about how to help. I also try to use ask
fedora, but found that I could not make basic edits or add images to my
answers until I had earned 'enough' points'.

I truly think it would be good to have a way to make the process easier
for interested people to contribute.

As for the mechanism (wiki, stack exchange, etc) that is something I am
not sure has a single answer. Sadly, every technical product I know of
has the issue of out-of-date documentation because things move so
quickly.

I would love to see some automated document life-cycle solution used to
help combat the out-of-date syndrome.

Charles