Re: Fedora Publishing

On 4 February 2016 at 14:41, Dylan Combs <dylan.combs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now, I may be so n00blar that I have an inadequate understanding of the
> reasons behind the Fedora Docs infrastructure design choices, but when I
> first envisioned participating in the Docs group, I expected a mega-simple
> process in which I simply use a browser to navigate to the content in need
> of updating or correcting, make the addition or correction, and press a
> button to trigger the pull request.  I was further hoping it'd all be
> heavily integrated with man pages, but that appears not to be the case.  In
> my documentation dream world, I am simply permitted to submit pull requests
> for man page modifications for any Fedora package from one streamlined
> interface, but that appears not to be something we do.

On the particular issue of man pages, they belong to upstream
projects, which is where those documentation efforts should usually
go. I don't know if anyone (in any distro) has ever packaged patches
for man pages. Fedora Docs is really about the additional
documentation fedora provides through
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/index.html

--
imalone