Re: Publishing old guides

On Apr 17, 2015, at 7:57 AM, Jeff Fearn <jfearn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> IMO the main problem you face is the heavy start up cost for contributing. Using git and CI is not substantially less cumbersome for contributors than the current solution. While it may attract a few more people
> >> like the current contributors, it won't attract new classes of contributors.
> >>
> >> You need to make it easy for people to contribute content, and in this day and age that means a web interface; just one that doesn't suck.
> >>
> >> What you need is a well curated web-based work flow.

I agree that curation is critical.  The question in my mind is do we have sufficient people to do curation at today’s volume?  Do we have it for tomorrow’s volume?

Does a git/CI workflow reduce friction enough to increase contributions, but not so much as to overwhelm curation?

Are there alternatives to a curation workflow that we could use instead?  karma?

regards,

bex