Self-Introduction: Kai Heimann

Hello everybody,

my name is Kai Heimann and I live in Townsville, Australia. I am a student at James Cook University, studying a Bachelor of Information Technology, currently in my second year.

I would like to get actively involved in the Fedora Project as I use Fedora and am always recommending it to people. I believe that OSS is a solution for most people out there, but it does take the involvement of the community to make sure that it keeps growing, changing and improving. My goal in the Fedora Project is to try and aid others in becoming more adept at using Linux based operating systems, by ensuring that the software and documentation that is provided is first class. I am mostly interested in writing How-tos and mini How-tos, but would also like to get involved in proof reading documentation.

I believe that I can be of benefit to the Fedora Project in a number of ways. As I have been mostly a writer of academic documentation, including reports, proposals and essays, with limited exposure to writing tutorials, I am open to suggestions as in where to get started on this track. I have a moderate amount of computer knowledge, both in software and hardware, spending most of my time learning new skills that allow me to enhance my Linux experience, mostly at the shell. I am able to do some programming in C++, Java, C# and Python, as well as shell scripting, with a sound knowledge of program logic and design. My biggest asset that I believe that I bring to the project is my belief in the OSS philosophy and the Fedora Project, with a strong desire to get professionally involved in Linux upon graduation.

I hope to work with all of you in the future and being of benefit to the Project in the best way that I can be.

Kind regards,

Kai Heimann

pub   1024D/06B52155 2008-07-29
     Key fingerprint = 4C0E 952B C427 ED0B D44D  8774 B278 0FFE 06B5 2155
uid                  Kai Heimann <vritualtux0@xxxxxxxxx>
sub   2048g/075380A9 2008-07-29

--
Keep it simple; as simple as posible, but no simpler. - Albert Einstein