Re: wiki questions, Moin versions, and click-through CLA

Mike McGrath wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
John Babich wrote:
On Dec 21, 2007 5:05 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
I was actually talking about the Fedora Account System 2 session :)
That sounds very much like the lowering the barriers session from last
year (which, really, we should have every FUDCon and I'm quite glad to
see you doing it). Just in case things go for worst and I can't make it to yours and you can't make it to the FAS session. Take a look at this:

https://publictest3.fedoraproject.org/fas/

I stand corrected. Should we combine the two sessions? There seems to
be enough overlap to justify it. On the other hand, perhaps my
proposed session should be  broader in scope and address all ways to
improve the contributor experience, AKA lowering the barriers.

Its currently still in test so feel free to make up a user, it will have
no barring on your actual user and you can just come up with whatever
you want. There is a CLA process in there that I think you'll find MUCH
easier then the current method.  There's also some bits for signing a
clickthrough CLA though I'm not sure how far along those bits are. Let
me know what you think.

I'll check it out.

Thanks,

John "lower those barriers" Babich

Just a point about Lowering the Barriers. Right now if you follow the instructions on the web pages you will never join the Doc. There are ways to do it in other places and I tried one. Not sure yet if it worked :-)

Karl listen, I've been nice by not saying anything but now I'm going to. Over 1500 people have completed the very process that you're complaining about.
Thank you Mike! I have asked if anyone else has succeeded in joining and never got an answer. If 1500 people have done so then there is a problem with my Linux F8 or my way of doing it.

Even in the time you've tried to apply people have succeeded. Its not an easy process but it does take a level of competence and independance to complete (we're working on making it better, really) I'm not making fun, but your jabs and quips aren't helping anyone.
My jabs were because it seemed like nothing worked. Now I know I am too stupid to succeed.

The docs mailing list is not the place for technical support for signing the CLA and the fedora-list is not a blog.

   -Mike

Actually signing the CLA is duck soup. You print the file they send you and mail it to the address given. Could not be more simple.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User