Re: wiki questions, Moin versions, and click-through CLA

Karsten Wade wrote:
Mike and other fellow Fedorans:

We've discussed this a small amount on f-infrastructure-list, and even
more on IRC.

Can we run a beta of Moin 1.6 so we can get the click-through CLA?
a test instance to setup or migrate the production wiki to Moin 1.6?
What do you want to do about the wiki, in general?
pretend it doesn't exist :)
The poor wiki beast.  It sits in the middle of all of us, and while
Infrastructure owns it operationally ("keep the lights on"), who owns it
spiritually?

Should that be Fedora Docs?

Could that be Fedora Docs?
Not sure, the websites team should probably work with docs on this. I feel like there's a lot of content on the wiki that should be elsewhere. I think removing content from the wiki and moving it elsewhere (docs.fp.o or fp.o) Almost like no end-user content should end up in the wiki. (probably a dream world)
Be careful, those may be different answers. :)

What would such an ownership/stewardship role mean?

For one, we would have to push through the click-through CLA and enable
an army of people to own and help maintain page quality.  As Wikipedia
has learned before us.

Now this click-through CLA is one that is not tied to the user correct? Just something they're prompted with when editing the page with an unverified account. I worry what an army of people who don't have enough stake in Fedora to fully sign the CLA will do for/to Fedora. But it is the open way :) I'd like to get rid of the CLA all together. On a side note, there's going to be an FAS session during FUDCon, I'd encourage anyone that is interested to come on by.

   -Mike