Re: wiki questions, Moin versions, and click-through CLA

John Babich wrote:
On Dec 21, 2007 5:00 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Karsten Wade wrote:

< snipped Karsten's insightful and carefully crafted words >

Now this click-through CLA is one that is not tied to the user correct?
Just something they're prompted with when editing the page with an
unverified account.  I worry what an army of people who don't have
enough stake in Fedora to fully sign the CLA will do for/to Fedora.  But
it is the open way :)  I'd like to get rid of the CLA all together.

I've seen the alternative and it ain't pretty.

On a side note, there's going to be an FAS session during FUDCon, I'd
encourage anyone that is interested to come on by.

Thanks for the plug, Mike. I think fixing this at FUDCon is possible
and will reap real benefits.

See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnBabich/SimplifyingOnboarding for
the latest refinement of the session.

I was actually talking about the Fedora Account System 2 session :) That sounds very much like the lowering the barriers session from last year (which, really, we should have every FUDCon and I'm quite glad to see you doing it). Just in case things go for worst and I can't make it to yours and you can't make it to the FAS session. Take a look at this:

https://publictest3.fedoraproject.org/fas/

Its currently still in test so feel free to make up a user, it will have no barring on your actual user and you can just come up with whatever you want. There is a CLA process in there that I think you'll find MUCH easier then the current method. There's also some bits for signing a clickthrough CLA though I'm not sure how far along those bits are. Let me know what you think.

   -Mike

Best Regards.

John "freedom in a framework with mutual respect" Babich