Re: Look of Fedora docs

Tammy Fox wrote:

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 11:30, Paul W. Frields wrote:

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 10:46, Tammy Fox wrote:

	quick mockups:
	http://www.gnome-ppp.org/fedora/docs/network-config-ethernet.html
	http://www.gnome-ppp.org/fedora/docs/network-config-ethernet-2.html

they're allmost the same :)

I like them. They have a nice, clean look to them. I prefer the logo on
the left, but that is just my opinion. The top blue headerseems a little
big. I would like to see it smaller. I would also prefer the Fedora
Project logo instead of the Fedora Core logo since we might get into
documenting software in Fedora Extras or Fedora Legacy.

On the Fedora website, we already have a header with a logo, so we would
want to use a slightly different css to not add the blue header to them.

Just to make sure, did you create the icons or borrow them from
somewhere else? If you borrowed them, we need to make sure they are
under the GPL. I would prefer to have ones made specifically for the
Fedora docs.

Also, it looks like you mocked up a page of the help that is included in
one of our configuration tools. Since those tools are shipped in both
Fedora and RHEL, we might want to do away with the Fedora logo in the
CSS for the config tools help inside the tool so the developer doesn't
have to make sure the right logo is included for whatever OS he is
building the package for.

I agree with Tammy with one change -- I would prefer to see the
navigation icons (arrows) match the ones used in Bluecurve, instead of
using a different set of arrows.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE

Sure. We could do that. It would definitely fit into the style of the website. Garrett doesn't work at Red Hat anymore, but I have most of his source files. The trick is finding the right ones and sizing them properly. I'll add it to my list of things to do but as a low priority because we have big news coming out about the magazine soon. ;-) Sorry I can't share just yet...

Tammy

   i'll do some mockups, soon. haven't been online for a few days...

   bye,
   vladeck.