Re: [389-users] upgrading packages

On 12/14/2010 03:39 AM, Angel Bosch Mora wrote:
> [...]
Why?
> im not sure about centos, but in debian land is very tipical to found messages like that after installing/upgrading:
>
>      "Remember to restart XXX package!"
>
> can yum do that?
rpm can do that, if you run it from the command line.  If you use a
graphical tool to install/update packages, this information is not printed.

But when you update 389-ds-base, rpm will upgrade and restart the
servers for you (if they were running when you did the upgrade).
> do you think is a good idea?
>
> should i file a bug/feature request?
I'd like to find out what is the problem with the way it is done now,
and the motivation (i.e. what is the problem that you are attempting to
solve).