Re: [389-users] How to get alternate versions of src RPM's via yum, or better yet without yum?

On 11/29/2010 11:18 PM, brandon wrote:

> A more direct question: what is the easiest way for me to pull the
> latest RHEL-5 stable source as an RPM and its dependencies and sources,
> if I'm not on a RHEL-5 host?

Shorter answer: Yum will attempt to obtain files from whatever
repository you tell it to use.  If you want to download files from an
RHEL 5 repo, all you you need to do is configure said repo and tell Yum
to use it.

As an addendum, you might be particularly interested in "yumdownloader",
which is a tool for downloading packages (including source RPMs) without
actually installing them.

--
Daniel Maher <dma + 389users AT witbe DOT net>