Re: deleting user -> deleting from group

Bart Schelstraete wrote:
Hello,

In the past I always used the 'older' Netscape 4.1 directory servers
on our servers containing more then hundred thousands of users and
groups. And the Netscape/i-planet mailservers, collabra servers,
webservers, proxy servers, etc integrated perfectly with that.

That's why I'm happy that Redhat now has the LDAP server from
Netscape. I hope they (Redhat) will maybe also buy the mailserver etc,
because then it will really be used in the enterprises.

And now I tried the fedora-ds on my linux box, and it works fine.
Now , I have a small question. In the past, when I deleted a user from
LDAP, that user was automatically deleted from all groups. I did the
same test with the fedora-ds, but he doesn't remove that users from
the groups , so leaving the group in an unhealthy state.
Did I forgot to configure something, or is this a known issue?
Yes. Older versions of the server had the referential integrity plug-in enabled by default. We found that this was a performance hit in most cases where it was not needed. Since you do need it, you need to enable it. Just make sure that the attributes that it requires to find the references are indexed.

rgrds,
    Bart