Re: v1.0.4 SSL: Could not open file slapd-<servername>-cert8.db

Graham Leggett wrote:
Hi all,

While trying to enable SSL on a v1.0.4 FDS directory instance, an attempt to click on "Manage Certificates" results in the above error message.
Was this an upgrade install or a fresh install? I've tried to reproduce this with a fresh install of fds1.0.4. I did the setup with all of the defaults, including the default nobody:nobody (I didn't create an ldap user). After running the console, I went into the directory server console, ran Manage Certificates, entered the new password for the cert/key db, and pressed ok. I got no errors. This is what I had:
ls -al /opt/fedora-ds/alias
drwxrwxr-x  2 nobody nobody   4096 Nov  13 11:09 .
drwxr-xr-x 15 root root   4096 Nov  13 11:09 ..
-rwxr-xr-x  1 nobody nobody 239744 Nov  7 21:38 libnssckbi.so
-rw-------  1 nobody nobody  16384 Nov  13 11:09 secmod.db
-rw-------  1 nobody nobody  65536 Nov  13 11:09 slapd-localhost-cert8.db
-rw-------  1 nobody nobody  16384 Nov  13 11:09 slapd-localhost-key3.db

In v1.0.2, the certificate database was in /opt/fedora-ds/alias, and in this case the database was created in this directory and is owned by ldap:ldap (the user running the ldap server).

No indication is given as to why the file could not be opened, nor is an indication given of which path is being used to find the database.
You can use startconsole -D to get more information. If the problem is with the admin server, you can use start-admin -e debug or edit admin-serv/config/httpd.conf and change LogLevel to debug.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
Graham