Re: auto increment/track uid and gid's

Aaron Bliss wrote:

I'm looking for a way for fds to do 1 of a couple of things;
1. auto increment uid's and gid's (I saw this on the wish list, but wasn't
sure if this has been implemented yet)
No, not yet. Would be pretty easy if you didn't care what the uid and gid were and you were using single master replication.

2. If number 1 isn't yet possible, is there an easy way to display a list
of used uid and gid's?  I will need to maintain this list myself, as I
don't want any duplication here; It would most ideal if it were possible
to view this info from the users and groups tab view from the console; if
this isn't possible, perhaps someone can tell me what syntax to use from
the command line to generate this list?  Thanks very much.  Aaron
ldapsearch -b dc=your,dc=suffix "objectclass=posixAccount" uidNumber | grep -v \^dn | grep -v \^\$ | sed -e 's/uidNumber: //g' | sort -n | tail