auto increment/track uid and gid's

I'm looking for a way for fds to do 1 of a couple of things;
1. auto increment uid's and gid's (I saw this on the wish list, but wasn't
sure if this has been implemented yet)
2. If number 1 isn't yet possible, is there an easy way to display a list
of used uid and gid's?  I will need to maintain this list myself, as I
don't want any duplication here; It would most ideal if it were possible
to view this info from the users and groups tab view from the console; if
this isn't possible, perhaps someone can tell me what syntax to use from
the command line to generate this list?  Thanks very much.  Aaron