Re: Proposal: Rolling Release

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008, Callum Lerwick wrote:

Filesystem rollback may work for full-distribution upgrade rollback, but
won't work so well for per-package rollback. A user should be able to
cherry pick updates to try from "updates-testing", and easily roll back
individual packages, or their entire system to "updates" or even the
"fedora" repo should something go wrong.

Debian can do this. The only reason we can not is because we refuse to.

No, debian can't do this. They have the exact same maintainer-scripts problem that we have. They just allow users to screw themselves with broken maintainer-scripts.

-sv