Re: Proposal: Rolling Release

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

How does that answer my question? Let me repeat. I've asked what policy it
is that "forced a horribly fractured 3rd party repository situation"? I'm
not aware of any such policy.
All I can say is that with Ubuntu you can pick vendor drivers and Sun Java
1.5 from the software management tool and you almost never have to worry
about conflicts among packages from the different repositories. I've
repeatedly requested these things in fedora and been repeatedly told it
wasn't going to happen.

And so you troll every thread looking to inject your negativity into
it, no matter what.

Would you rather just pretend fedora is perfect, supplies everything all users will ever need, and never ships a package with bugs that needs to be backed out? Or that no other approaches to these problems can be better?

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx