Re: Proposal: Rolling Release

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:17 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:

This
is no way intended as a criticism of a Ubuntu, but it's a realization
that distributions like Ubuntu are able to offer a better user
experience by using stable software on a longer support cycle.
And this is good thing. Ubuntu has not shown themselves capable of
doing anything else but this, so let the, have that.
Beg your pardon?  How many years has fedora policy forced a horribly
fractured 3rd party repository situation - and not had a working java at
 all while Ubuntu's approach was much more sensible?

Fedora has a policy which they stuck to. A policy which many of us agree with.

Then I guess I shouldn't be surprised at your lack of concern about having a usable product on other fronts as well.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx