Re: Reasons to preseve X on tty7

* Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [20081029 12:38]:

> Well, the community is saying that reason is not good enough.
> I think it's fair to ask the package maintainer to reconsider.
> Making changes that break years-long traditional behaviour
> without community consultation is arrogant at best.

Breaking with tradition created things like OS-X (which fwiw is what
any sane desktop out there today is trying to emulate).

Doing something because "it's always been done like that" is a really
bad reason. Doing something on technical merit and changing when a
better way to do something is found is what I think should be done.

Which tty you run X on I don't really care, as I think the end goal
should be to ditch X and do what OS-X did.

The biggest innovations happened by not following the sheep.

/Anders