Re: Reasons to preseve X on tty7

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 23:36 -0600, Dax Kelson wrote:
> I would argue strongly that this change should not be made for the
> following reasons (in no particular order):

Does it matter? Seriously, we need to start X on ttyX and start ONE
mingetty on ttyX+1. Loading mingetty on 6 terminals takes time.

Who uses more than one mingetty anyway? Surely the sort of person
comfortable with the RSI-inducing ctrl-alt-Fx is the sort of person that
can edit a config file and increase the number if we provide one by
default.

I was thinking about trying to tackle the boot time of fedora (and get
to the 5 second nirvana), but I fear that bikeshedding like this will
mean we are still loading sendmail, isdn, nfslock, and all other legacy
stuff in ten years time.

Richard.