Re: [Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 12:38 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

>>   The reason is not about stability.  It is about
>> updates.  Once Fedora stops getting updates we'd have to upgrade to the
>> next Fedora release with all of the churn that causes for vastly
>> unrelated pieces of the OS.
> Gotcha! If not even the Fedora project can handle the issues, why do you
> expect users to be able to solve them? I think technically the issues
> can be overcome. It's a matter of will.

No gotcha here.  I don't expect users to handle the issues.  Either the
users in question want the opportunity to run the latest software in an
integrated distro and so choose to run Fedora or they want to have a
stable platform on which to deploy their own work and therefore they use
CentOS/RHEL/Debian Stable.

There's a right tool for any job and a wrong tool.  Using your crescent
wrench to hammer nails is possible but not very satisfying.

-Toshio