Re: [Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Dmitry Butskoy <buc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Matej Cepl wrote:
b) If anybody is running production servers on Fedora, then worse   for
him
Well, how about enthusiasm here?

What should do some previously RedHat-oriented enthusiast, when all the area
for application of his enthusiasm is some "production environment"? Use
RHEL/CentOS anywhere and Fedora on his laptop only? But RHEL/CentOS is far
from the "bleeding edge", hence his enthusiasm just disappear...

I don't understand what you're saying. Why do you need to be
bleeding-edge in your stable environments?

Well, not the "bleeding-edge" literally.

An environment, which is considered stable, can be "untypical". Ie. "untypical production stable environment".

All the years RHL/Fedora is used at my work, we was compelled (from time to time) to even port some future versions/features of N+1 distro to the current N distro. Because the features required for our "untypical" environment have appeared somewhere closer to the bleeding-edge...

~buc