Re: multiple local X logins by same user

(Please do not quote my e-mail address unobfuscated in message bodies.)

Bill Crawford wrote:
I put "firefox -Pfoo %u" in a panel icon, with different foo in different places, and can start three different firefox instances (I have three screens, and I often use them for different purposes e.g. if I need to log into our web app under an admin and non-admin user ID at the same time ... this is extremely useful for testing purposes).

It's kludgy, but it works. Perhaps even a script that created a profile based on the display name? "firefox -Pprofile-%DISPLAY" might cut it, if anyone fancies trying it.

Ah, so it's a limitation of the profile support, then? I guess that makes sense, though I still consider it a bug :-). Thanks for the tip, though!

--
Matthew
I was recently amused by issuing 'rm -rf $KDEDIR'... from Konsole, while in a KDE session. And nothing bad happened whatsoever. Try THAT on Windows :-D.