Re: multiple local X logins by same user (was: Tried Pulse Audio Again--No Good For A11y)

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Matthew Woehlke
<mw_triad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> (Incidentally, Firefox drives me nuts not letting me run it on my local
> login and via 'ssh -X' from a remote machine. Some apps are even worse
> behaved than not coping with two full local X sessions as to go so far as to
> not permit multiple instances to be run /at all/.)

Basically every nontrivial app doesn't support it, because it's just
too crazy.  One could spend an entire lifespan trying to figure out
"Ok, what if I do *this*?".  If you want to access your Firefox
instance remotely, use vino or one of the other systems that lets you
access your existing session.  It works, and we can collectively move
on to more important problems.