Re: Should I upgrade to Fedora 9 / KDE 4?

Philip Ashmore wrote:
Hi there.

People can only "look before you leap" if they are presented with enough information to make an informed choice.

I have no CD/DVD drive and no other machine.
After reformatting my hard disk twice, trying to copy the DVD image to a hard disk partition to boot off it and eventually using VMware server to boot off the ISO and install to a physical hard disk, I wish I hadn't started.

Another great option would have been to try LiveUSB with persistence on a $10 2GB USB stick. With LiveUSB and persistence you can even install/upgrade RPMS. Very safe and easy way to try a new Fedora without risk.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx