Re: Suggestion Next Release

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Igor Pires Soares <igorsoares@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If we need to drop the Nautilus browser mode to make the spin official
there is no problem by me, but our users will not like it.

The question isn't will some users not like or not a specific customization away from a default.  The question is, is it something specific to the scope of your image concept.. or is it a generally applicable customization that people have a disagreement with?  Yes the nautilus browser mode default that some segment of the users think should be changed, but that desire isn't locale specific, so it shouldn't be changed in a locale specific spin.  If its going to be changed it needs to be changed across the board in how our nautilus package behaves by default or not.

This goes for pretty much every potential customization. There's needs to be a very good technical reason to override a default.. it needs to be 'broken' and not just 'unpopular'.

-jef