Re: Suggestion Next Release

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:

First, thank you for your responses. I understand about legal issues
including some packages or repositories on Fedora. And I understand
why Livna is not included. (Because is not official as others parts).
But for most part of people is mandatory to have those packages. So,
trying to do easy for the final user can we do our official
"community" repository? Can we do our official "Fedora Frog" to
simplify the installation for common programas? (I believe there are
no problem because most part of that sofware can ba downloaded without
problems by the user).

You don't understand. We can't make Livna/RPM Fusion official, because
of legal issues. And stop here. It's IMPOSSIBLE.

Some of it.  Things like the Nvidia drivers wouldn't be impossible.

Fedora protects us from any problems with patents by removing
nonfreeness from repos.

I'd say you have that backwards. By avoiding the issue, fedora leaves every end user on his own when he needs a patented function. That's the opposite of protection.

     1. Abirwod and Gnumeric are nice, but we are talking about do
        Fedora competitive and OpenOffice is the way. Users needs a
suite as powerful as Microsoft Office.

And you're sure that EVERYONE needs such functionality?

And a fully functional java.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx