Re: package name charsets / fonts

Michael Schwendt wrote:
nothing-1.0-1.rpm
ничто-1.0-1.rpm
τιποτα δεν-1.0-1.rpm
没有什么东西-1.0-1.rpm

For the last two, the glyphs don't display correctly at all in a virtual
console. Not in Emacs either. In Emacs (and likely due to an incomplete
font), the last line gives a box for the 4th character.

A blocker-criterion in my point of view.

Having to find and set a proper font before being able to display the
proper glyphs used in [RPM] filenames, reduces usability too much. It
feels a lot like those bad books, where the translator also translated the
names of system commands, reserved identifiers, or header names, for example.
Sounds like you see different results for the fourth one. I see:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~timmsy/list-links/rpm.name_glyphs.png

I have no idea howe I could possible type 2 or 3 ?

DaveT.