Re: Any possibility of getting this software installer coded and in fedora (9 or 10)?

Mark wrote:
Or just build onto the packagekit api.

Let me remind you and all others reading that i need a java api
because i can only do java at the moment (or php but that's even worse
for applications).

That's probably not the way to go. We can ship Java apps but none of the core tooling is in java.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I also hate java with every bone in my body, but that's neither here nor there :)

You can pick up python over a weekend if doing it interests you. Make sure you get someone to look at your code though, as there's a gap between python and good python that a lot of people miss (example: if you are using getters and setters, you're doing it wrong).

--CJD