Re: FESCo meeting today at 20:00 UTC!

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:41 +0100, Brian Pepple wrote:

With the holidays this week, we've decided to have the FESCo meeting
today at 20:00 UTC #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org.  Sorry about the
late notice!

While I was unable to attend at this time anyway, I am very much annoyed at the lack of notice from a global perspective. It is not unreasonable for someone to make a 9pm meeting. It *is* unreasonable to expect someone to be reading mail during dinner hours to find out about it. The reason that the meeting was rescheduled was because of a U.S. specific holiday, and in the process, made it very difficult for non-Americans that wanted to attend to do so. We didn't push back because we deemed the topics of enough importance. Which underscores the importance for giving people fair chances at showing. Do we seriously need to institute a policy for a minimum amount of notice with meeting schedule changes? Or can we start thinking like a global distribution?

/rant