Re: CDs DVDs or netboot. Oh my!

Chuck Anderson wrote:
On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 02:50:39PM -0600, Jonathan Steffan wrote:
Does anyone have the *technical* reason we are not doing CDs? Is this
because we don't want to have mirrors hosting the additional data? I can
assume the Live images have taken the space we have dedicated for CD
ISOs in the past, is this the case? Is it the testing load.. or is it we
don't want to have to maintain pkgorder in anaconda anymore? ;-)

... a whole lot about Jigdo and PyJigdo ...
These are our stats for CD images for our Re-Spin:

Re-Spin Jigdo CD, Mirror Member 1: 261
Re-Spin Jigdo CD, Mirror Member 2: 204
GOLD CD Torrent (last 4 weeks): 760

These numbers are not "wow, we need to do CD images" but they would be
exponentially increased if they were for "official images" promoted by
the Fedora Project.

+1

I agree. We should do CD images for Fedora 8. Either by the regular ISO distribution, or via Jigdo. Perhaps regular ISO for now, and work on Jigdo for Fedora 9.

We'll have torrents for F8 CDs up in no-time added to fp.org/wiki/CustomSpins and the FAQ.

We're gonna want pyJigdo in F9 for mirror(-manager) compatibility purposes and the ability of also distributing Re-Spins, Re-Mixes and Fedora forks (based on Fedora distributions), perhaps a GUI front-end, maybe someone can help us making a multi-platform client. If you do, join #fedora-unity-devel on FreeNode.

--
Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip